Ultima Online (UO) is a graphical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), released on 24 September 1997, by Origin Systems. It was the first game of the genre to reach widespread popularity and has had immense influence on all later games of this type. Ultima Online is a fantasy role-playing game set in the Ultima universe. It is known for its extensive player versus player combat system. Since its release, it has added eight expansion packs, a booster pack, and dozens of free content updates.
To all of those for whom it’s the first time you are hearing of Britannia, we bid you welcome, and to any of those who have visited in Ultima Online’s fifteen year history or who have seen Britannia through any of the other Ultima games, we bid you welcome home. There’s no place like it, or so we’re always told.
What is Ultima Online? There are dozens of things we could say, and that others have said over the years. It’s an expansive, immersive sandbox world enjoyed by thousands of players all over the world every day. It’s an innovative and unmatched experience in the realm of massively multiplayer online role playing games. It’s a world in which you can not only fight, craft, create, explore, and triumph…but a world in which you can live. And it’s still so much more than that.
How much do I have to pay?
– Playing on Vetus Mundus is completely free of any charges whatsoever. You simply need to be able to connect to our server, which is done via a normal internet connection (you have to pay your own provider of course). There is neither hidden costs nor hidden advertisement.
What is different about Ultima Online in comparison to other MMORPGs?
– There are no classes or level, your character can learn every single ability out of the 58 available to you! You yourself decide wether you want to learn (or unlearn) abilities, how much and when you do so. Always remember: Practice makes perfect!
– Ultima Online was the first MMORPG and is the foundation of which games like World of Warcraft, Warhammer and various other online roleplaying games were built. It exists since 1997 and was enhanced ever since.
Why should I play on Vetus Mundus instead of other freeshards?
– Vetus Mundus exists since 2004 and is supported by very enthusiastic staff-members, who mostly play an ingame character themselfes.
– Other then most freeshards, we use the original uo client – so you dont have to download special data to play here.
– In time we enhanced various aspects of the game, which you wont find on retail servers (OSI) or other freeshards.
Watch live video from Torque1979 on Twitch